Monday, August 1, 2011

2011.8.1 Monday Morning!


Top of the morning and best wishes from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church in Vinita, Oklahoma.

Ancient Jewish teachers often strung together power packed thoughts and ideas without commentary.  Good examples of this teaching pattern are found in the Beatitudes,  Matthew 5:1-11, and Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, as well as throughout the
book of Proverbs.

This method had a certain appeal to me, and several years ago I began collecting short statements for motivation or inspiration, or both.  I call them 'Pearls of Value', and I've been stringing each 'Pearl' on a  make-believe necklace which hangs in my study, and to which I add 'Pearls' discovered in my reading.

Here are a few of my 'Pearls'.  Perhaps you'll begin collecting your own 'Pearls' and sharing them with me.  Together we ought to have a wonderful collection of motivation and inspiration!

        "Time can be either an ally or an antagonist.  It depends on
          how we look upon time and how we use it."

        "Not one who has much is rich, but one who gives much..."

        "It often takes a serious threat to our blessings to make us
         aware of them.  And, sadly, sometimes we do not value
         them until they are gone before retrieving."

Understanding/interpretation of each 'Pearl' depends on the reader/listener.

Cheers and all the best,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment