Monday, November 1, 2010

2010.11.01 Monday Morning!

Greetings and best wishes from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church, located in the heart of Vinita, Oklahoma.  Thanks for visiiting us.  I hope you find our weekly messages helpful.
There is a golf course near our home, and when I saw golfers playing in a light drizzle last week I wondered what it is about the game that makes so many ardent enthusiasts.
Then I thought back to my youth when I played golf, rather poorly I confess.  Yes, though a poor golfer I went to the links with hope of getting a birdie on the long four and sink a 20 yard putt at any hole.  Golfers go with the hope of doing NOT what they do at their worst, but what they can do at their best. Isn't that the way we ought to live?
It is stifling to be perfectly satisfied the way we are.  The  golfer is driven by the hope that the next 18 will be better than the last.
To aim at our best means never to abandon hope that we can do better.


A Pearl of Value for this week:
"Keep what is greatest of all, keep your hope."

Our annual Thanksgiving Dinner will be held November 14 following morning worship at 10:00 a.m. and Congregational Meeting at 11:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment