Monday, April 11, 2011

2011.4.11 Monday Morning

Greetings and best wishes from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church in Vinita, Oklahoma.
 
Early in the morning of April 5, 2011, Helen, my wife and best friend for more than 60 years, died peacefully in her sleep.  Today, I share with you a poem and words from St. Paul (Romans 8:38-39).
 
The poem, "Closing Prayer", was written by Jean W. Wood, a member of the Jermain Memorial Presbyterian Church, Watervliet, N. Y., where I served as pastor in the 1960's.
 
Closing Prayer
 
Consummate quietude
Unadorned silence
Soft Darkness
Tranquil light
Serenity
Stillness
Simplicity
Solitude
Soul-soothing peace -
my prayer
my gift
for you
for me
for all of us.
    Amen
 
And, from St. Paul these words of Easter faith:
                    "Nothing will be able to separate us
                      from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
 
With fond regards and in friendship,
 
Richard
 
www.pilgrimpresbyterian.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment