Monday, September 20, 2010

2010.09.20 Monday Morning!

Greetings and best wishes from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church in Vinita, Oklahoma. Since Brian Dishman, a son of Pilgrim Church, set up our blog, I've received numerous messages, a few from strangers, more from "old time friends".  It is always good (and encouraging) to get responses (favorable or unfavorable) to our MONDAY MORNING messages.

I had a good laugh reading the following, and I hope it will put a smile on your face too.

A teenage boy had just gotten his driver's license and asked his Dad if they could discuss the use of the family car.  His Dad said he'd make a deal.

"You bring your grades from 'C' to 'B' average, study your Bible a little, and get your hair cut, and then we'll talk about the car."

The young man thought for a moment before deciding to go for the offer.

After a couple of months, the Dad said, "Son, you've brought up your grades and I've been watching you studying your Bible, but I'm a little disappointed that you haven't had your hair cut yet."

The son looked at his Dad and said, "You know Dad, I've been thinking about that. I've noticed in my Bible studies that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, and I've seen picture of Jesus with long hair."

To which the Father replied, "And did you also notice that everywhere they went they walked!"

Humor is an important part of a full life!


Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment