Monday, April 19, 2010

2010.04.19 Monday Morning!

Top of the morning from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church in Vinita, Oklahoma. Come visit us if you are in the area. Our Sunday service begins at 10 a.m.

From the four pen-sketches in the Bible (Genesis 2 - 11:9) we learn that human beings rebel against the sovereignty of God and want to do things "our own way".  It reminds me of the song, "I'll do it my way!"

False pride, in contrast to legitimate pride, is our downfall!

Am I right or wrong in my diagnosis of our human situation?  That is something for you to make up your own mind.  Clearly, however, the Bible teaches that we'll not have purpose or meaning in life unless we accept the authority of God.

It is not always easy to accept that when we make moral and ethical decisions.  Perhaps you'll find those decisions easier to make if you ask yourself, "Could I tell my parents, or my son or daughter, about my choice?"  If you know that your decision will likely need a cover-up if discovered, you probably need to review your decision.

Cheers,

Richard


PS: Have you been listing your favorite Bible verses as a part of our "to know" the Bible program?  Topping my list are: Micah 6:6-8 and Luke 10:27-28.  For me, they are the high water marks of all religions.   R.

No comments:

Post a Comment