Monday, February 22, 2010

2010.02.22 Monday Morning!

Top of this Monday Morning from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church, Vinita, Oklahoma.

In the past years I read many books by Dr. Harry Emerson Fosdick. In one - and I confess I can't remember which one - Fosdick wrote that there are many ways "to know" your Bible. One way is to list favorite verses and passages, "beauty spots".

During Lent, this exercise may be enjoyable and helpful. I've bought a cheap spiral notebook and will list my favorites in it. Will you try it?

I suspect all who practice this Lenten exercise will include Psalm 23. Apart from that one, it will be interesting to compare our lists. Send them to us and the results will be on our blog after Lent.

In the weeks following Lent, I'll list characters in the Bible who have captured my imagination. There's no sense buying a notebook without filling up every page!

Rather than "giving up something for Lent", how about "taking on something new"? I think you'll enjoy that and I believe it will help you "to know" your Bible a little better.

Give it a try!

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment