Sunday, September 9, 2012

2012.09.10 Monday Morning Message

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

Greetings from Vinita Oklahoma. Around here we woke up this morning to an absolutely beautiful day. As I looked out the window and surveyed the landscape I was reminded of the fact that we need to be good stewards of this creation which God has placed us in charge of. I also thought about how difficult it is to just sit still and be present in the moment. I tried to do that as I enjoyed the view from the bedroom window. In Gardening by Heart May Sarton says,

“Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of the need for us to slow down enough to be present in the moment. nature is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace. The garden door is always open to the holy.”
I like the phrase “slow circles of nature.” It is so easy for us to get distracted and become emotionally detached from the earth. In doing so we run the risk of moving further away from our connection with the divine. We override the slow circles of nature by creating our own pace and our own path. This makes it easy for us to forget who and whose we are. Makes it easy for us to lose our way or get worn out, or both.

Here’s my hope. My hope is that all of us will slow down a bit and focus on the beauty of God’s creation. I hope we will work to recognize the natural rhythm of life and allow that rhythm to become our rhythm. Oh what a beautiful morning.

This is my first Monday Morning Message. As the new pastor of Pilgrim Presbyterian Church, I am thankful to be here. It’s nice to feel like you are doing what you should be doing in the place you should be doing it. This is a wonderful gathering of people and I am happy to be part of this church family.

Blessings,

Ken Bailey

*************************
BINGO AT BURROUGHS MANOR SATURDAY - SEPT. 15- 2:00 - 3:00
COME JOIN THE FUN

SESSION MEETS SEPT 19 - WEDNESDAY AT 7:00

1 comment:

  1. Hello to everyone!

    I just want to apologize for the break that has ocurred this Summer with the posting of the Monday Morning Messages. It has been a busy Summer keeping up with everything that my job requires. I am back to a more normal schedule and had already gotten a couple of June's Messages up this week when the latest message came from Ken Baily. I decided it was important to get his first message up as soon as possible. I will also get the others up in the mean time!

    Thanks again for your understanding!
    Cheers,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete