Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009.12.28 Monday Morning!

Top of the morning, on this last Monday of 2009, from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church in Vinita, Oklahoma.

I thank you for your responses to Monday Morning, and I am constantly being surprised by the increasing number of people who get Monday Morning, either directly from the Church Office or by you sending copies to family and friends.

As we ring out the old year, I think of saints - not canonized saints - but ordinary imperfect people who belonged to the rank and file of everyday life.

"My saints" seldom talked about what they were doing, but their attitude and action showed the beautiful quality of their inner life. They gave a new surge to my faith, enabling me to recover the potential greatness of human life...

Walk with "your saints" into the New Year. You'll find them more impressive than ever. Then, "go and do likewise!"


Cheers! With thanks, I lift a glass of gladness in your honor.
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment