Monday, August 3, 2009

2009.08.03 Monday Morning - Recycled!

With Dr. Evans on vacation and Monday Mornings as well, I've received several requests for "vintage Dr. Evans". So here it is! This is one of my favorites. Do you have a favorite you'd like to see again? Let me know and I'll try to find it. I think I've saved all of them from September 2007 forward.


Grace and peace,
Donna J


--- On Mon, 5/4/09, Pilgrim Prsbytrn Church wrote:

For some of you who at one time lived in the Vinita area, and who are now scattered across the country and overseas, I send special greetings from Pilgrim Presbyterian Church this MONDAY MORNING. Memories are important, and I want you to know we remember you.

An ancient Greek legend came to mind as I prepared to share in a funeral service for a dear young friend. The legend speaks of a woman who arrived at the River Styx, where Charon, a gentle ferryman, stood ready to take her to the realm of departed spirits.

Charon told her she could drink of the water and completely forget what she was leaving behind. She thought about that, and asked questions: Shall I forget how I've suffered? Shall I forget my failures and how I've been hurt? The ferryman said yes, and then reminded her that she would also forget her victories, her successes, her happy times. And she would forget how she had been loved.

The legend concludes by saying that she did not drink of the water.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all God's benefits." Memories are the stuff of life.

And that's why we send you MONDAY MORNING! We want to keep in touch!


Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment