Sunday, March 15, 2009

2009.03.16 Monday Morning!

From Pilgrim Presbyterian Church, located in Vinita, Oklahoma, the center of green country, best wishes as you don your green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Isn't everyone Irish on March 17? I bet you didn't know that the Welsh have a special reason to join their Irish cousins in this once a year celebration: St. Patrick was born in Wales!

The Irish have great charm and to meet people with charm is a happy experience. Of course, superficial charm is dangerous. Talking and smiling while spreading a lot of blarney is superficial charm.

Genuine charm doesn't have the showy qualities of superficial charm. You can depend on those with genuine charm to stick with you in all kinds of weather, and that is one of the great virtues anyone can have.

You can tell that Patrick found genuine charm in Christ from his prayers:



"Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ before me, Christ beside me,
Christ to comfort and restore me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger."

May the gift of genuine charm be yours always.


Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment